The Zoo

 It was a sunny day and me and my family were going to The Bronx Zoo because we had a four day weekend. On the way we wondered, "what kind of animals will we see there?" "Are there polar bears?" said Wren. 



When we finally got to the zoo, we walked in and showed a lady our tickets. Then we walked to the first animal which was zebras. We did a lot of walking that day. I kept looking for the goats. But we never saw them because the farm exhibit was closed that day.

But we did, turtles, giraffes, elephants, and tigers. My favorite was the seals. There were all sleeping on the rocks. I kept wishing one would jump off and go for a swim. 



After we saw everything at the zoo, I was happy but tired of walking. We thought we were walking the right way to the car, but we weren't. We had to walk across the whole zoo again to find our car. When we finally got to the car, I was ready to sit. It was a fun day. 

Comments

  1. Adi, I´m so proud of you for writing your first slice of life. I think you will really grow if you keep this up...you´re already a strong writer with a lot to say. Love you!. Love, Mom





    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa Ad! That sounded like a fun day! Sorry you didn’t get to see the goats! Always next time though! Wonder if there were any monkeys there. Great writing by the way. Can’t wait to read more. Uncle Whit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Molly: that was great!! I’m sorry you didn’t get to see the goats, maybe you’ll have to come to Wisconsin and visit my friend’s goats, she has four now! What a fun family trip and I am so excited to read more ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Adi, thanks for including me in your first slice. -Wren [YOUR SISTER!!!]

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Bronx Zoo is a TON of walking! I'm a third grade teacher and we used to go to the Bronx Zoo for a field trip before COVID. It was always a super fun and exhausting day. Those seals look super relaxed! I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to the Bronx Zoo, but my legs get tired at the San Diego Zoo here in California!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

APRIL FOOLS DAY

Cornbread