APRIL FOOLS DAY

It was a regular school day. We were working on unfinished work. It was so fun (It was actually pretty boring). "Come sit on the floor," my teacher said sternly to my class. He sounded mad. I was so scared. "What did we do now," I thought to myself. 

Mr. Stillway said, "What are you guys doing?" in a mad voice.

Everyone was confused because we didn't think we did anything wrong. Then he said, "I got an email from Mr. Veteri (our principal) and it said that we aren't following the Whale Pillars or being respectful, honest, safe, and kind." The note said that some of us had to stay back in fourth grade.

We were surprised but Nate had a grin on his face. Then, Mr. Stillway jumped up. It was the fastest I ever saw him move. He said, "Happy April Fools Day!"

We were so mad at him. Everyone said things like, "You tricked us!!!" 

Mr. Stillway was so happy. He was laughing and he was bragging that he was the GOAT at tricking people. 


Comments

  1. I hope you remind Mr. Stillway to check out this story. I'm glad you have such a fun teacher. Maybe you should have brought him that "brown e" I brought home from kindergarten today. Keep up the great writing. Love you! ❤️ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I like the way you set this up. You kind of did to the reader what Mr. Stillwell did to you. You started with the "regular day" and the "he sounded mad" and the "what did we do now?" That made it seem like it could easily be real. I agree that you should show Mr. Stillwell. He'll be happy that his goatness is preserved in a great piece of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, your teacher tricked both of us because your writing had me fooled! I just read your story to my granddaughter and she loved it! (We had fun with April Fool’s Day, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Adi! I wish I had a camera set up to capture the moment. Your faces/expressions were in absolute shock. I am looking forward to following your writing journey. Keep up the great work.
    G--reatest
    O--F
    A--ll
    T--ricksters.
    😁😜

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! You had me wondering what might be going on and then I felt almost as surprised as you and your classmates, when you realized the prank.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the humor in your descriptions of Mr. Stillway, especially "It was the fastest I ever saw him move".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see "the GOAT at tricking people" commented on your slice. I love it!
    Nice to see you back writing this year, Adi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adi, such a funny story. I love how you showed the confusion by him acting mad and having a stern voice, but through your writing we could tell that his behavior was unusual. You did a good job of telling the story, and I love that he was the GOAT - Greatest of all Tricksters!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cornbread

The Zoo