Moving

It was Monday morning and the bell had just rung to go inside. My dad waved goodbye. I went up the stairs towards my classroom. I opened the door for another girl. Then I went to line up outside my classroom and wait for my teacher to greet us. She came out of the bathroom and gave each of us an elbow bump. Ariana walked in first. She said, "Whoa!"

My teacher said, "Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you I moved the desks." I went inside the classroom and looked really different. My desk was now in the front row, but I was still next to Shahid. On my other side was Jeremiah. My teacher said, "Wave to the person next to you." So, I did. 

The people who came in after us were so confused. They asked why their seats were moved. Ms. Puskar said, "They haven't been moved in a while." She wanted to give us someone new to talk to for our turn and talk partners. 

I was excited for my new spot. 

Comments

  1. My students really like it when I change their desks around, too. Enjoy your new spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you captured this small moment in time if in your classroom. The dialogue made me connect to this piece more too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the moment when you are walking in and Ariana says "whoa". I can just imagine the faces of you and Ariana and the rest of the class as they soaked in the new arrangements. Hope you are enjoying your new turn and talk partners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love changing the room around and seats! I think it is important for kids to get to talk with different kids in the classroom. I hope everyone liked their new seats!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

APRIL FOOLS DAY

Cornbread

The Zoo