"TEAM"

5 minutes left of the basketball 🏀 game. We were down by 4 points. We needed 3 more shots to win. My coach kept reminding us that 5 minutes is a long time. "We can do it." My teammate said. If we won we would move to the semifinals. We dribbled down the field with the ball. "YES," I said. We made a shot. Two more shots to go. I held my head up high. We were on defense. It was a lot of pressure, we could not let them score. I stole the ball, and dribbled down the field. I made a far pass. The teammate I passed to made a shot. That is called an assist. Now we were tied. The last shot won. We had to go overtime. 30 seconds left of the game. We put our game faces on. I was determined to win. 20 seconds. We dribbled down the field. The other team stole the ball. "Oh no", I said to myself. We stole the ball and the crowd was cheering. "You can do this," my dad said. 10 seconds left. 10, 9, 8 ,7 ,6. We made the shot. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. We won my whole team went crazy. I was so proud. And the best thing was that we worked together as a TEAM.

Comments

  1. This is my favorite slice yet. It was so fun to watch your team grow together this season and see your passion for 🏀 grow. Teamwork makes the dream work. Proud of you! ❤️ Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

APRIL FOOLS DAY

Cornbread

The Zoo