EARTHQUAKE

About a month ago, my class and I researched hurricanes. I also learned about tsunamis and earthquakes from some of my classmates. 

"We have to be quiet because some people are still testing," Mr. Stillway said today. I was reading, and suddenly, there was a shaking in the ground. For a second, I thought it was a class above us moving desks, and then I realized there was no class above us. "Was that an earthquake?" Mr. Stillway said. He sounded shocked. My heart was racing. Mr. Stillway looked it up. It was an Earthquake! It was so crazy. I never thought I would experience an earthquake. 😝 

Comments

  1. I like how you started this slice back when you were doing your weather research. We had some fifth graders who got under desks today. When the teacher asked how they knew to do that, they remembered their weather research unit. I never thought I would experience an Earthquake either. You just never know what each day will bring. You're doing a great job writing. ❤️ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adi, the word that you used was perfect. Shocked, that was one of the exact feelings that went through my brain and body. I can tell you that all in a 1-minute moment in time, I felt every color on our Mood Meter. Yellow, Green, Red, and Blue. This will be a moment that I will always remember. You captured the moment perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

APRIL FOOLS DAY

Cornbread

The Zoo